ordinary girl

An ordinary girl with an ordinary life loved with an extraordinary love by the extraordinary God

Wednesday, April 22, 2009


The road, friendly, inviting
my wandering feet around the next bend,
and the next.

The brook, joyful, singing
simply within its rugged banks
freshly greened.

The sunshine, penetrating, reaching
into cold soul-yearnings
of darkness.

The air, fresh, awakening
heart-thoughts caught on cobwebs
until each thread gives way
one by one.

The sky, behind silvery tree-fingers;
the sky, over all,
so deep,
going on forever
into the eye of God.

From a walk down by the river
Keynote Ladies’ Retreat
Nashville, Indiana 1-26-06

(Unfortunately, I don't have a photo from the day I took this walk when the sky was a dark crystal blue, but I've included a couple pictures from other days of similar settings.)


Please leave comments suggesting a title. I just can't decide!


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tomás said...

You're hardly an Ordinary Girl to me.

I love you!

-

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home