ordinary girl

An ordinary girl with an ordinary life loved with an extraordinary love by the extraordinary God

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Wiggles, giggles, energy, enthusiasm, hugs, smiles, singing, praying, worshiping....

It's only lunch time, and I'm wiped!! I've had almost 200 children go through the worship time this morning. Each group has its own personalit:. the 3's and 4's are very sober and missing mommy and daddy; the 5's and 6's are attentive and a little wiggly; the 7-9's have all the answers and love to sing; and the 10-11's are the best singers and best listeners.

The last group really blessed me today. As I met with the Bible teacher (I'm only doing the musical part of the worship times) yesterday, we connected right away. We talked about which Bible stories would be on which days, what the memory verses are, etc., so that I could pick out the songs. After looking through all the music I brought, it turns out that the songs which fit the best are the ones I wrote. When the oldest group finished singing my latest song, I was overwhelmed-- they sang their hearts out and really got into it. When I can hear with my ears what I hear in my head, there is a special thing that happens. Kind of like the same thing Eric Liddell felt when he ran fast, the way God made him-- "When I run I feel God's pleasure."

Thanks for all your prayers!! The backdrop is done after some long hours yesterday, and the songs and program order for the parents' concert came together before I went to bed last night (actually early this morning!) Our team unity is strong, and everyone is doing well. There was a bit of culture adjustment and jet lag, but that seems to be mostly gone. Please continue to pray that we would be able to develop some significant relationships with the kids and parents quickly over the next couple of days. I'm also praying that the hotel staff would see a difference in the people who are here for this conference and understand that the difference is because of Jesus. We can't communicate with them very well, but we can love them and pray for them.

Thanks!!



When we arrived none of the supplies we thought we would have were here... but there were lots of things we didn't know we would have like water-looking fabric, light blue interfacing, netting and jewels. With lots of help from others we got an undersea backdrop made and dressed up the treasure chest. FUN! The theme for the kids part of the conference is Undersea Adventure-- Going deep with Jesus for treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home