ordinary girl

An ordinary girl with an ordinary life loved with an extraordinary love by the extraordinary God

Monday, February 05, 2007

Tuesday morning

The conference begins today! I'm excited, but apprehensive, too. I've been given lots of latitude, but with that comes very little info. I'm not really sure what I'm doing... but I know the conference ends with the children singing in a program for their parents. That's a little nerve-wracking for me as there are expectations, but I'm not really sure what they are. Please pray for my high-structure personality to relax and be flexible. I want to do a great job so that the parents and children will have a special time.

This afternoon we're planning on going shopping (none of us speaks any Thai!) for backdrop supplies. We can't get what we need at the tourist markets, so we'll be immersed in Thai culture. That should be fun!! We also need to get it made before tomorrow morning. I work well under time pressure, so that should go fine... but I wouldn't mind your prayers!! Of course, it's almost midnight for most of you, but pray anyway! :-)

Last night we went to a traditional Thai meal that included dancers, musicians, and actors performing all around us. It was fascinating, but I don't "get" the music. They obviously, did though, as the dancers moved in complete unison. Watching the interaction between the musicians was fun-- much the same as what happens on stage with a Keynote band. :-)



I'll try to write again soon! Thanks to those of you who are writing back to me. I love hearing from you... but I don't have time to write back right now. I might have to wait until I get back to the US to respond.

Blessings to each of you!!

Cathy

2 Comments:

Blogger Tomás said...

-

6" of snow in Indy today - more still falling....

You're missing it!

I love you.

T


-

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, on my knees here in Spokane. Judy

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home