ordinary girl

An ordinary girl with an ordinary life loved with an extraordinary love by the extraordinary God

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I’m in the thick of packing and getting ready to leave for Thailand on FRIDAY!! It has been in interesting journey since I felt God was asking me to go on this trip. Originally, I thought I was going to work in childcare and possibly teach some of the children. With each email from the kids’ program coordinator, my responsibilities have changed and grown! First, I was asked to be the “music person” for the entire program—150 kids! Then I deduced that there is going to be a closing program for the parents which will feature the children singing some of the songs I teach them. Since many of these missionary kids (MK’s) are from isolated, remote settings, being in a group to sing in front of their parents is a unique opportunity. For them AND their parents!!

After picking up on a couple of things, last week I decided to ask the big question: am I in charge of this program, or am I just providing the songs? A couple of days later I received the answer, that yes, this program will be all my doing. I’ve been painting small props (see post below) and packing things like paint brushes, duct tape (a set-building staple!), special pearlescent paint, drop cloths, etc. I’m REALLY excited about this! It’s way more “up my alley” than just childcare! :-) The theme is “God’s Treasures” and the setting is “under the sea”.

One of the things that excites me about leading the music (besides the fact that I love to sing!) is the opportunity to get close to a couple of the kids. I’m asking God to point out a few who need special encouragement who I can ask to be special helpers. Here are the things I’m asking God for—

+To connect with a few MK's on a significant level in order to be able to encourage them in their relationship with Jesus
+To build strong relationships with the others who are going with me
+To see more clearly the spiritual battle that is raging on earth
+To talk with some Thai unbelievers
+To worship God through the music I will teach the kids, and lead them well before the Throne
+To have my view of God enlarged to more closely resemble who He really is

I'd appreciate your prayers...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying dear sister. I loved reading the process. God is so good. I look forward to hearing more about His work through you and TO you.!!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home